Followers

Sunday 28 October 2012

Pro-marker challenge!

Good afternoon everyone! I cannot believe how dark it is outside and it is only 4:15! Winter is definitely coming now! Had to defrost the car for the first time yesterday too! 

I am in the very lucky position of having a week off now so can afford myself some time to craft.  Being a teacher I get no time at all really during term time, as it's all taken up with marking, planning or management admin, and unfortunately that has to be done at home. So I value the odd day in the holidays (when I'm not working that is!) that I can really chill and do what I enjoy!

I downloaded this 'Hang in there' digi stamp from Wee Stamps yesterday and it is very cute and also very versatile.  I decided to have a bit of fun and challenge myself to only use certain colours.  If you have seen my blog before you will know I have had a go with the greys before and it worked quite well!

For this I only used Cool Greys 1-5.  I'm really pleased with how it turned out.  The backing papers are all Papermania and the ribbon is from Joanna Sheen's online store, beautiful organza ribbon that comes in lots of colours. 




For the second time I decided I would only use skin tones and accents to colour, I keep changing my mind as to which is my favourite but think at the minute this one wins! Again I have used Papermania backing papers and a few odds and ends from my crafty stash.


Hope everyone is having a good Sunday and not working too hard! Crafty hugs! xxx

13 comments:

  1. Soooooooooo adorable... I love it!!! GREAT and HAPPY Card :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards i love the image

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both versions of this super card!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are both very beautiful cards, the image is great I do like the grey tones card.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards love the image Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your cards using this image are adorable, I love your fabulous shading with the grey tones! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both stunning! I love the grey one it is fabulous.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow they are both fabulous, I love the colours in both of them and the backing papers are fab, love the designs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both gorgeous cards, the image is adorable, I love the monochrome one especially, I always think monochrome cards look lovely
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards, have to say! The grey one does it for me, the shading really stands out xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two super cards, love the first one more x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both stunning yes i love first one best as well xx

    ReplyDelete