Followers

Wednesday 2 January 2013

A Musical Birthday

Happy New Year everyone!!! How lovely to have seen the back of 2012, I really hope 2013 is a wonderful year for you all!
I was asked to do a Birthday card for someone who loved all things West End Musical/Broadway.  All I knew was that the Phantom of the opera was her favourite musical.  I have got to say of all the cards I have been asked to make, this one was the most difficult! It was knowing where to start! I love musicals myself but what is my idea of the perfect musical might be someone elses' living hell!

But anyway....... I got to it! This is what I came up with....


It became a case of looking for images that I could use.  The backing paper (the orange lights) is actually a picture of the lights from Broadway, but I loved how they were out of focus.  I then used the mask from the Phantom and the hat from Chicago as the other musical references.  Finally the 'clacker' (I'm sure it has a proper name, but it escapes me right now!) was printed, and the recipients name popped on for the personal touch.  I used one of my new Spellbinders dies for the sentiment and then just added some last touches from the crafty stash! Hope you like! 
The person who ordered the card is thrilled with it, which is lovely! 

Have a great rest of your day everyone whatever you are doing! xx

9 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card love the layout. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really clever to come up with this idea for a really difficult commission - great stuff!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous broadway card, I bet they were over rhe moon, You have done a fabulous job, love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and well done on doing a brilliant job on what is a very difficult subject, I wouldn't have known where to start either!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fab and so well thought out. Great job.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved your card, you really got all the pieces right. :)

    Hugs from Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! Thanks for entering the Cards Galore challenge. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card I love the images you have used.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete