Followers

Sunday 24 March 2013

Sugar Buttons - so pretty!

Hi everyone! Hope you are all keeping warm in this horrible spring snow we are having!

I braved the weather yesterday to go to the NEC and am very glad I did. It was great because so any people had stayed away with the weather I was free to browse rather than get trampled on by people! 

I ordered some of the Sugar Buttons toppers and card stock in the Kanban 50% sale last week so put these to use today. The bottom layer of the pink paper and the white paper is Centura Pearl.  I used a spellbinders die (labels 29) for the rectangular shapes and a Die'Sire die for the circular pattern. 

Spellbinders garden lattice (A4 m-bossibilities) was used to emboss the pink paper and I then used organza ribbon across the back. The flowers were a bargain from the Range - 12 flowers for £1! 


For the second card I again used the garden lattice m-bossibilities folder and Die'sire die.  I die cut 2 of this shape and slightly overlapped them to give it another dimension. The pink pearls are liquid pearl, as it's a lot cheaper than putting on actual stones around all of the gaps!


Hope you like the cards - I have been so frustrated at the lack of time I have had to craft, but it is nearly the holidays now! As a primary teacher, when sats are around the corner it's all systems go!

Have a good week everyone! Stay warm! xx

9 comments:

  1. These are both gorgeous and glad you had a good time yesterday at the NEC. I am going to go in November.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. both lovely cards
    love the subtle colour
    counting down the days for holidays too x
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous that you went to the NEC.
    These cards are absolutely gorgeous. They are right up my street as I love pretty and cute cards. Both made so brilliantly.
    I am now a follower and looking forward to seeing more of your work.

    Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great cards - love those cute toppers - such soft subtle colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous cards the colours are so pretty.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two beautiful cards...love the cute toppers, soft colors and the layouts too.
    Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards in lovely subtle shades. Loving that embossed background :)


    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pretty little cards xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two really pretty cards and I love your 'bargain' flowers.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete