Followers

Sunday 30 September 2012

getting braver with the GC!

It's Sunday night! How did that happen again?! Oh well, pennies to be earned tomorrow, and only 20 work days till a week off! I played a little more with the Grand Calibur today, wanted to get a few more cards done as I am supposed to be having another card part in a couple of weeks!

 Decided to brave embossing with the GC today,  I don't know why, but the idea terrified me, but actually it was quite painless! ;- )



As you can see from this one, I just did another die cut with the holiday tree 2012, I love how festive this is, it's like being out in the snow on a dark evening! 


This time I just decided to emboss the tree and add red and green stickles to look like baubles. I used some green papermania cardstock and my favourite glitter card from the range, it's so good and versatile. The sentiment is a docraft one that are on 3 for 2 at the Range at the min! 


For this one, I used Asian Accents dies for the border, a shapeability frame for the centre and then I cut and embossed (yes, both!) the butterflies (les pappilions dies). Was very pleased with the results! 

So sadly, that's probably me done with crafting for another fortnight now! :-( Never mind, will have to make time in the holiday for some more! You never know, I may get a spare 5 minutes at some point! 

Have a great week everyone! xxx

7 comments:

  1. 3 great cards - love those Asian Accents. Yummy!!
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Hun, your really getting to grips with GC, I have the holiday tree and I don't know about you? But I have to run it through at least 3 times to get it to cut all of it? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh thank you! I'm exactly the same, and my die is slightly wonky so have to feed a piece of paper through with it along the bottom to try and make it as straight as possible! lol! The only good thing I find is that running it through that many times makes it easier to pop out of the die! xxx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous cards,love the designs.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, love the holiday tree, but then I love all the dies!!!! Don't work too hard! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 beautiful cards. The Christmas Tree is gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete