Followers

Sunday 2 September 2012

It's September - officially ok to feel festive!

Good morning everyone!
Hope you are all well on this September Sunday!
I am back to work tomorrow, yep the 6 week holiday is done with and I now have to transform myself back into 'Miss' for the next 8 weeks! So sadly I probably won't get much crafting done, although there is a lot of demand for more Christmas cards so I need to squeeze in some time.

I ordered a Hunkydory kit off ebay last week (the Christmas Classics one) and got it for £9.50! Bargain! And I've managed to make a whole heap of cards already. They are not my usual style as I like cutesy cards but I'm really pleased with how they have turned out.
I have to admit that a bit of Diagnosis Murder got me feeling festive! Hmmmm, I know what you're thinking, grizzly murders and hospitals??!!!! Nooooo, Good old Dick Van Dyke (got to love him!) sang Christmas songs at the end of the episode, I was in my element! This programme was a must in my uni days!!!! Anyway, I digress!


This candle one is one of my favourites from the kit and I would never have expected that! It's just really traditional and festive!




Thought I would go for a gate fold card as this topper made me want to knock on a door, go and have a mince pie and some mulled wine!!!


I am so pleased with how the glitter came out on this card! I swear by Stickles which I have mentioned before. I just think it adds a little touch for extra dimension and can really bring a card to life. I think I have Stickles in about 8 colours so I am never short if it! Will no doubt be stocking up at the NEC show in November.




And this card makes me want to go walking in the snow! I was going to say takes me back to my childhood but I don't think this is meant to depict the 80's and 90's is it?! Christmas was just so magical and exciting back then! Which is why it's still my favourite time of year.

So on that note, I think there is more crafting to be done today! I am having a good chill out before tomorrow, but.... shhhh.... it's a secret, I am actually looking forward to going back!!! I love my job! Lucky me! 

Happy crafting everyone, enjoy your Sunday! xxx

6 comments:

  1. Lovely selection of traditional Christmas cards.
    Am now following - perhaps you'd do the same for me?
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards and I love the beautiful images.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are Beautiful they are real traditional Christmas cards.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the CBN group! Such a lovely array of cards, they are all very elegant and I particularly like the second one with the gorgeous shade of red and the wreath! xx

    ReplyDelete