Followers

Sunday 11 November 2012

New dies = lots of fun!

Hi everyone!
Wow, what a weekend! Spent yesterday at the NEC grabbing lots of crafty bargains.  Clearly the market is all dies this year as I felt that's what the bulk of the crafty stalls had really. But that's good for me as that is my latest obsession anyway!
I got 4 of the d-lite dies for £30, as well as another 4 normal sized ones. Also picked up an embossing folder and lots of paper and peel offs that always come in handy.




For this card I used my new lattice die on top of silver glitter paper and then put a border of the same silver paper around the outside. I then added little peel off borders around the inside of the silver border. I cut and embossed the D-lite medallion one die for the sentiment and used liquid pearls around the outside of the flower to give it a bit more sparkle. 
I then used the D-litle whimsical tree die and stuck little gems on (not sure if they show up in the pic though!)
I finished it all off with some silver organza ribbon from Joanna sheen and some more gems. Really beautiful dies, I wasn't really sure about the d-lites at first as I didn't know if they would be very useful but I'm really happy I went for them now I've had a play! 

Right, there is still time for crafting! Hope everyone else has managed to squeeze some in today! Hugs! xxx

6 comments:

  1. This is just gorgeous,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous card, I love the d-lite dies as some of them make brilliant toppers and you can make smaller cards with them which is good news considering the price of postage these days x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous design and beautiful colours. I am loving that lattice die I will have to get one of those myself. So glad you had a great time at the NEC.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card - love that lattice die
    Kate
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card I love the colours and the style. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is gorgeous and i love dies too, they are fabulous and look great on your gorgeous card xxx

    ReplyDelete