Followers

Saturday 25 August 2012

Card Party - the people get what the people want!

Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a fab weekend so far!
Last night I hosted my first card party, and it was a great success! The cards went down really well and sold lots , I even surprised myself!
I took with me a whole host of stuff for different occasions and for different prices so there was something for everyone.  It was really interesting to see at the end of the night what was popular with customers.
As you would expect, well known characters such as the Snowman, Tatty Teddy, Boofle and Forever Friends were popular.
It was interesting to see though what 'non crafters' liked that they hadn't seen before or weren't familiar with.  Mulberry Wood was a big success, people loved the images and we sold all of those. They are crazy cute though, definitely need to play some more with my CD Rom!



People loved the Sylvia Zet stamps and again they were a sell out, showing that fairies are very popular  at the mo! I adore the images below, they work so well with just a few colours and you really can give them for pretty much any occasion! It's a great chance to experiment with blending and also to use a bit of glitter.  What fairy doesn't come complete with glitter??!!



And I was thrilled that one of my fave cards that I have made, the black and white Sylvia Zet one went for a good price.  i think there is definitely room for more of this type of card and I have seen it highlighted in a couple of craft magazines recently.


As you would expect, Hunkydory were popular, believe it or not, one of the most popular types of card were one of the free kits with Hunkydory magazine (the Christmas Owl kit, can't remember what number!) One customer bought 2 of those cards and is sending them to Australia so we are going global! ;-) 

So, I have cleared a LOT of space in the office!!! Have made 2 more orders today with more coming in by the day and another card party lined up over the coming months. Hooray! Now to get cracking on more man cards!!! I'm hoping Wellington will help me find my way with that! 
I also have a Dymo cards stamp on it's way, because if I'm selling all these I really need to start putting my name to them!!! 

Have a fab Bank Holiday weekend one and all, hope you are up to lots of fun things! I'm spending it with family, there really is no better way! :-) Crafty hugs! xxx




5 comments:

  1. Can't believe you have only been doing this for 9 months its a very addictive hobby isn't it lol you're very good though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy! I am definitely addicted that is for sure!!! I love it, it's a good way to de-stress, very therapeutic after a hard day at work! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi there! I happened to come across your blog and found your creations to be quite charming so I decided to become a follower :) Your work is beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

    Blessings,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Stephanie, and thanks for following! :-) x

      Delete