Followers

Sunday 19 August 2012

Nothing like buying new crafty bits!!!

Hey everyone!!! Hope you have all had a good weekend!
Well  I have to say mine was pretty successful, I did really well at the GB Craft festival (although I gather that many didn't which was a shame), got myself lots of bargains.  Managed to get everything on the need list aaaannnnnndddddd plenty on the want list! Haha! There is nothing better than getting lots of new bits and pieces and putting them to good use!!!

My first purchase when I got there were 3 Strawberry kisses stamps for £10. I'd wanted these for ages but didn't have any so decided to test them out as I have loved all of the other Crafters Companion stamps I have used. (You may have noticed if you are friends with me on fb! lol!) I also got myself lots of new cardstock, distress ink, dies, ribbons..... the list goes on! Hahaha!

I have also finally mastered the art of the twisted easel card, so I have spent today combining all of this to make some new cards.


For this one, I used random cardstock I had and my new Spellbinders die for the frame.  How cute is that cat in the glass??!!!! Unbelievable!! 
I have only just got my first box of Spectrums so am having to combine these with other pens at the min. 
The kitten was coloured using flexmarker Antique White, and the glass was done using cool grey 1 and the blender pen. For the contents of the glass (the most important bit! ;-) I used spectrums CR1 and CR2. The umbrella then used GB3 and GB4. I used Distress ink around the image to give it a bit more vibrancy. Really pleased with this, it's one I might actually use myself for my cousin's upcoming 21st Birthday! 


Then our little kitten again, the cat was coloured as above but using BP1 for the bow. The cake was then done with CR4 for the icing, GB1 for the sponge and TB4 and GB4 for the casing. 
 I embossed the purple paper (core'dinations pastels) and sanded it to give it more dimension. The same die was used as before but this time I inked the edges with distress ink. I think we have all felt like that after too much birthday cake!!!!


Now, I am somewhat famed at home and at work for my love of high heels.  As a teacher I am on my feet all day, running round after children (even the 10 and 11 year olds need running after!) but never do I wear flat shoes!!! My heels are still always with me. And we're not talking little heels either!!! And yes I do have pink heels that I wear to work too! They are very popular!!! So this is what I had in mind when I coloured this!  I used CR6 for the top of the shoe and then CR4 and CR5 for the heel. The ribbon was GB1. It doesn't show up so much on here bit the ribbon on the shoe and the blue streamers are all gone over with Stickles to give it a bit more of a party feel!!! We've all been there!! :-) 
A different spellbinders die used for the frame in this one and lots of various cardstock.

Soooooo, a pretty successful day, really pleased with my purchases and, getting ready now for hosting my first card party on Friday!!! Hopefully will get lots of people buying! Here's hoping! have a good week everyone! Hugs! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment