Followers

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Razzle dazzle 'em!

Good afternoon crafty friends! Hope everyone is making it over the midweek hump!
Well I have had a busy few days with orders, it's a good job I'm on holiday! I was asked this week to make an 18th card and a 21st card, both for girls (breathes a huuuuggggeeeee sigh of relief!!!).

I thought about doing a stamped image, a SWALK or Magnolia one because I actually don't think there is an age on those.  At 28, I would still love to receive one! But I figured that because they were the 'big' birthdays I'd go with something a bit razzle dazzle.  It just so happened that we were out and about yesterday and ended up in Nottingham at Hobbycraft and the Range. (Oops, you know where this is going!!!!) I bought a new framelit from Hobbycraft for £12.49 which I thought was a bargain! And then I saw the Strictly Party things in the Range, which I had been looking at for a while.  The actual decoupage and topper set was £11 so figured I could make a good few cards out of it.

So make cards out of it I did! I started with the 18th and went for a girlie image as I think this depicts many 18 year olds! I used the new framelit and everything else was from the strictly kit.  Very pleased with the results! Hopefully the customer will be as well as the recipient! Love a bit of sparkle!!!!


The 21st card from today used a more sophisticated topper with it being aimed at a slightly older  girl. (Get away with still being a girl at 21?! I think so!) Again, the paper, toppers and numbers are all from the kit. The butterfly and silver oval were from more sizzix dies.  Again, pleased with this.  Am selling them for £3.00 each, which I think is reasonably priced, in the shops they would cost a hell of a lot more!!! Bit of bling added in the corners for good measure too!



Now I am just enjoying playing with the rest of the kit, my other orders I have a little more time on, another 5 to get done in the next couple of weeks! I will keep you posted! 


So there is my razzle dazzle for the past 2 days!!! Makes me wonder when the next series of Strictly Come Dancing will be??!!!! Need something else to sink my teeth into once the olympics is done! Enjoy the good weather, you never know how long it will last! 
Crafty hugs and wishes xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment