Followers

Wednesday 1 August 2012

Big Shot Fun Time!

Hello crafters! Happy Midweek Wednesday! And what a fab day it has been for GB in the olympics!  :-)
Soooooooo as I said the other day, the plan was to get playing with the Big Shot, which I have duly done! I got a whole other heap of goodies delivered from Sizzix a few days later so I feel like I've really had a lot to sink my teeth into but I'll go into that more later!!!!

So I made my wedding card, it was the first card I made actually with the Big Shot. What do you think???

Some of you have probably already seen it on my facebook page, but I just thought I'd show it again! I used the hearts textured embossing folder on the ivory cardstock which is from Crafter's Companion.  I absolutely love their card, it's so strong and robust, great for any card! Then I used the hearts Bigz die to get the large heart in the middle and a sizzlit to get the nice shapes coming from the heart.  The smaller hearts were just from a punch I had.  It's always good to combine your new playthings with existing bits and bobs, otherwise what was the point in buying them in the first place?! I hope the bride and groom will like it! 


Then I decided I should test out the Big Shot using some of my favourite crafting goods, my SWALK stamps! Those of you that are friends with me on facebook will know I am slightly obsessed with these, I ADORE them!!!! Lots more playing to be done here, me thinks! It has gone down well on fb so thanks for all the likes of this one! 

Now back to that Sizzix delivery, I ordered directly from their website, they had some amazing bargains, I saved £80 on my items, only actually spending £18 on 9 items!!!! I got quite a lot of sentiments which you can see on the cards below.  Really love the finishing touch they give! They are also perfect for any occasion!

Ooh look, another SWALK stamp! Haha! This used the valentine embossing folder and flower sizzlit.  Backing papers were just some general Dovecraft ones form the Range that are a pretty good bargain!!! Little girl was done in cocktail and antique pink for the dress, vanilla and tulip for the dress! Then cocoa and chestnut for the hair.  My usual Almond/blush combo was used on her skin. Predictable? maybe! But I like the results I get!!!!



Really pleased with how these ones turned out! Word of warning - do NOT forget that apostrophe when you take out the die cut image!!!! Then your card will be completely wrong!!! Sorry, maybe that's just the scary year 6 teacher in me! You get used to saying that on a daily basis! ;-) 

Anyway, night night craftbugs, here's to another successful day at the olympics tomorrow and ready to go again! Bye bye! :-) <3 xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment