Followers

Monday 6 August 2012

The dreaded man card!!!

Good evening everyone! Thought I'd do a bit of a mini blog while I watch the olympics tonight, which I am still slightly addicted to!

So, I was asked to make a 40th birthday card for.... duh, duh, duh..... a man!!!! Yep, sweat began to appear from the forehead as I wondered what I could do!!!! All I knew was the man in question liked wine and golf.  Soooooo, spent a good while rifling through the crafty stash to see what I had! Then, there was good old Wellington sitting before me, surrounded by wine bottles!!! Perfect!!!! I had the image, now for building the card around it! Oooh goody, papermania browns and yellows would do nicely!

This was the result, what do you think? Defo don't think I've gone girly this time!


As you can see, my trusty Big Shot was with me the whole way, the shape behind Wellington was one of the framelits and then I used a sizzlit for the '40' frame, stamping the numbers on myself. 

Quite pleased with the days work! Will deliver it to my customer tomorrow but she loved it from the pic I sent today, so good news all round! 

Enjoy the rest of this Monday evening guys! :-) xxx

2 comments:

  1. Great card!!! glad I'm not the only one that has nightmares when asked for a man card!!! A job well done!!
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Bev, it's the same for men in the family isn't it?! I dread male birthdays! Haha! But now I have had success with this one I might stick to a formula that works! :-) x

    ReplyDelete