Followers

Sunday 15 July 2012

Happy lazy Sunday!

Happy lazy Sunday everyone! Got to hit the shops today as I'm off on a school trip tomorrow and looks like rain! Waterproof needed! Hopefully I'll have a bit of crafty time when I get back home. Can't wait until next Sunday, nothing like that feeling that you don't have to get up early for work the next day!




Last night I used my stamps from Mulberry Wood for the first time, I'm really pleased with how they turned out.  Did hit one stumbling block though, we have about 80 promarkers and when I came to colour a night sky I realised I had no darker shade of blue!!!! Argh!!!! After much deliberation I decided to go with shale as a base layer and true blue on top to give it that night time feel.  What do you think of the results? The owls were coloured using cocoa, sandstone and a blender pen.

The blue backing paper is from the CD rom, I used the colouriser to get as dark a blue as I could then used some Anita ribbon, silver card stock and lettering off teh CD rom to finish it off. Oooh almost forgot my stickles silver glitter, I love stickles and find it finishes off a project nicely!

I also tried out some more traditional colours for the elephant stamp, again the red backing paper was done using the colouriser on the CD.

I used cool grey 2 and 3 for Mr elephant, dusky pink for the ears, sandstone for the mouse and forest green for the trees (that makes sense really!) I always think as nice as it is to use a range of colours on Christmas cards, but you can't beat a bit of tradition!

Right, let's get shopping, wonder if I'll stumble upon any other goodies while I am out?! xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment