Followers

Sunday 15 July 2012

http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.co.uk/ challenge

So I decided to set my self a challenge tonight and go with a black/white/grey theme for one of the Sylvia Zet digi stamps. I am quite pleased with my wee self!

In terms of the backing and embellishments, I used random papers in my stash and then lots of papermania goodies (flowers, buttons, gems). I also cut the edge of a doily and curled it as an extra embellishment.

Now to our gorgeous girlie! I used Promarkers for the whole thing.
On her skin (face hands and legs) I  used cool grey 1 around the edges and then used the blender pen to get a lighter shade and a slight shadow.
For her hair I then used cool grey 2 and 3 combined to get different tones and highlights.
Her dress is warm greys 2,3 and 4 as are the flowers in the basket.
Her shoes are cool grey 5 with a black edging.
So lots of greys needed but I am pleased!!! Looks quite classic in the end which is what I was aiming for! :-)

Might have to experiment in a similar way with more greys and other colours over the holidays! Always good to have a challenge!

Hope everyone has a good Monday tomorrow, fingers crossed the sun will be shining, otherwise a school trip with 45 11 year olds might not go quite to plan!!!! xxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow such a beautiful card, loving all the texture and the lace is gorgeous. The image is super cute and really beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at That Craft Place Challenge Blog :-) Happy Crafting Kerry x

    ReplyDelete